Top 10 tips for getting past a gate-keeperTweet
Lauren Gilchrist of Urgent Careers, wrote a guest post on UrgentSpeed, Jeff Stewart’s blog, about a lively discussion that went on at last nite’s Sales 101 event about the Top 10 ways to get past a gate-keeper.
If you cold-call, this is a must read. There are a lot of really great tips in there. My favorite is #2, “Treat the assistant like a human-being.” In my own personal experience, I have gotten the furthest in sales by just doing the right thing, and treating people with respect.
Here are the 10 tips she lists. Click HERE to see the full description.
- Give the gatekeeper the benefit of the doubt.
- Treat the assistant like a human being.
- Use your arsenal.
- Write down the assistant’s name.
- Be honest and forthright about your solution.
- Ask for help.
- Assume the assistant is a decision maker.
- Ask who else is involved.
- Alleviate their burden.
- Let the gatekeeper advocate.
Thanks Lauren for taking the time to write this post.